How many of us love MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator)? And how many of those are Apple lovers? You are going to love this: The iCade is a lovely gadget that uses the iPad to convert it in an Arcade Machine.
Using it as a docking station, you can launch the iCad App available from the AppStore and play your favorite Arcade games. Here are some of the specifications on this product:
- Beautifully retro styled, handcrafted wooden tabletop arcade cabinet and MAME emulator for your otherwise useless iPad.
- Play your favorite arcade games anywhere there’s a table.
- Hundreds of games available from various online sources – not included in product!
- Professional grade arcade stick and microswitch buttons rated for 10,000,000 uses
- Authentic arcade controls connect to your iPad via a standard 30 pin dock connector
- One and two player select buttons add authenticity and really work!
- Integrated 2.1 dolby speakers and subwoofer in cabinet
- Includes 10w USB power adapter
- Separate iCade app required to use the cabinet controllers available soon from the App Store
- Dimensions: 9″ wide x 10″ deep x 16″ high.
- iCad App is totally free!
The cabinet includes the options for one or two players but I’m not quite sure how do two players can interact.